Math 5334, Spring 2008
- 3/10/08: As I mentioned in class, Homework 3 will be due this Friday
3/14 (by 5:00). If you are turning in a paper copy, you'll need to turn that it
to my mailbox or under by door by 5:00 on Friday. You may not be able to get
into the math building after that until after Spring Break. If you want to be
able to use
a couple of your late days on this assignment, you will need to submit your
homework to me by
email. (Scanned copies are fine if you prefer to hand write.)
- 3/10/08: No office hours this Wednesday 3/12. I will have office
hours instead on Tuesday 3/11 from 10:00 to 11:00 (or by appointment).
- 3/3/08: Homework 3 is posted below. Due Wednesday 3/12/08.
- 2/20/08: Exam 1 is this Friday. It is open book, open note. You can
use the NCM book online if necessary. I will have extra office hours this
Thursday from 1:00 to 3:00. Contact me for other times if needed.
- 2/20/08: Solutions for HW2 are posted below.
- 2/6/08: Homework 1 solutions are posted below.
- 2/4/08: Homework 2 -- HW2 is posted below. Due 2/13.
- 2/4/08: Exam 1 -- the first in-class exam will be on Friday 2/22
Open book; open note.
Exam 2 will be the week of 4/7. There is no final exam.
Course projects will be
due on the final exam day (5/6). More on projects shortly.
- 1/27/08: Homework late policy -- recall from syllabus
that you have 7 free late days for homework. You can turn in homework
late without penalty until you have used up your semester allotment of 7 days.
- 1/27/08: Homework due dates -- in the syllabus I list
homework as being due by 12:00 noon on the due date. Because the
computer labs are only available during the day, I am changing that
policy to have homework due by 5:00 p.m. on the due date. Any homework
handed in by 5:00 p.m. (to me, under my door, in my mailbox, or
emailed) is consider "on time". After 5:00 p.m., you will be charged
with one of your 7 late days.
- 1/25/08: Office hours today
I will have office hours today (Friday) from 11:00 to 12:00 if anyone
needs homework/Matlab help.
- 1/25/08: Office hours
I have changed my office hours to Monday and Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. to
12:00 noon to avoid some afternoon seminars.
- 1/18/08: Homework set 1 is posted below. Due 1/28/08.
Class will meet in the lab, MA 009, from now on unless otherwise
There are open lab hours in MA 113 this semester. Open hours are:
- Monday, Wednesday: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday: 12:00 noon - 5:00 pm
The MATLAB scripts and functions referenced in the book have been installed on
the machines in MA009 in C:\NCM\. If you add this directory to your path with
pathtool, you should be able to access the sample files within MATLAB.
Last updated: 3/31/2008
Back to course homepage.
Back to my homepage.
Copyright © 2008,
Victoria Howle and
Department of Mathematics & Statistics, Texas Tech University
All rights reserved.
Comments: Victoria E. Howle