Selected Publications (not in chronological order) ( Lee, Jeffrey )
1. (with Lance Drager, Efton Park and Ken Richardson),
Smooth distributions are finitely generated, Annals of Global
Analysis and Geometry, vol. 41, no. 3, (2012), 357-369
A subbundle of variable dimension inside the tangent bundle of a smooth manifold is called a smooth distribution if it is the pointwise span of a family of smooth vector fields. We prove that all such distributions are finitely generated, meaning that the family may be taken to be a finite collection. Further, we show that the space of smooth sections of such distributions need not be finitely generated as a module over the smooth functions. Our results are valid in greater generality, where the tangent bundle may be replaced by an arbitrary vector bundle. Click here to get a version from the arXiv.
2. (Book 671 pages) Manifolds and differential geometry, Graduate Studies in Mathematics, 107, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2009. xiv+671 pp. ISBN: 978-0-8218-4815-9 (Reviewer: Richard H. Escobales Jr.), 53-01 (58-01)
3. (with Drager, Lance D.; Martin, Clyde F.) On the geometry of the smallest circle enclosing a finite set of points. J. Franklin Inst. 344 (2007), no. 7, 929--940. 51M04 (68U05)
4. (with Drager, Lance D and R. Byerly, Robert) Observability of Finite Dynamical Systems, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, (2003)
5. (with Richardson, Ken Lichnerowicz and Obata Theorems for foliations, Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 206, no. 2, 339-357 (2002).
6. (with Richardson, Ken) Riemannian foliations and eigenvalue comparison. Ann. Global Anal. Geom. 16 (1998), no. 6, 497--525. (Reviewer: James F. Glazebrook) 53C12 (58G25)
8. Geometry detected by a finite part of the spectrum. Progress in inverse spectral geometry, 15--22, Trends Math., Birkhäuser, Basel, 1997. (Reviewer: Ruth Gornet) 58J50 (58J53)
9. Dimension, volume, and spectrum of a Riemannian manifold. Illinois J. Math. 37 (1993), no. 1, 14--32.
10. Finite inverse spectral geometry. Geometry and nonlinear partial differential equations (Fayetteville, AR, 1990), 85--100, Contemp. Math., 127, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1992.
11. (with Donnelly, Harold) Domains in Riemannian Manifolds and Inverse Spectral Geometry, Pacific Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 150, No. 1 (1991).
12. (with Donnelly, Harold) Heat kernel remainders and inverse spectral theory. Illinois J. Math. 35 (1991), no. 2, 316--330
13. Eigenvalue comparison for tubular domains. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 109 (1990), no. 3, 843--848.
14. The gaps in the spectrum of the Laplace-Beltrami operator. Houston J. Math. 17 (1991), no. 1, 1--24.
15. Hearing the volume of a drum in hyperbolic space. Indiana Univ. Math. J. 39 (1990), no. 3, 585--615
16. (with Mao, Yiping) Two-point boundary value problems for nonlinear differential equations. Rocky Mountain J. Math. 26 (1996), no. 4, 1499--1515
17. (with Weinberg, David A.) A note on canonical forms for matrix congruence. Linear Algebra Appl. 249 (1996), 207--215.
18. (with Page, Robert; Pantrangenaru, Vic, Ruymgaart, F). Nonparametric density estimation on homogeneous spaces in high level image analysis analysis, Bioinformatics, Images and Wavlets; Program and Abstracts. Aykroyd, Barber and Mardia Eds. pp 37-40 http://www.amsta.leeds.ac.uk/Statistics/workshop/lasr2004/Proceedings/paige.pdf
19. Online Supplement for Manifolds and Differential Geometry.
Return to the top
A couple more articles: