National Science Foundation GRANT
Collaborative Research: Modeling Immune Dynamics of RNA Viruses In
Reservoir and Nonreservoir Species
- Linda JS Allen, Texas Tech University
- Alex Trindade, Texas Tech University
- Colleen Jonsson, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis TN
- Michele Kosiewicz, University of Louisville
Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows: Texas Tech University
- Krystin E Steelman Huff, PhD student
- Aadrita Nandi, PhD student
- William Tritch, MS student, Graduated Fall 2016
- Manjari Dissanayake, PhD Student
- Annabel Offer Meade, MS Student, Graduated Summer 2017
- Fan Bai, Postdoctoral Fellow
- DG Goodin, CB Jonsson, LJS Allen and RD Owen. 2017. Integrating landscape hierarchies in the discovery and modeling of ecological drivers of zoonotically transmitted disease from wildlife. In: The Connections Between Ecology and Infectious Disease, Book Series: Advances in Environmental Microbiology. C J. Hurst (Ed.) Accepted.
- A Meade. Within-Host Models for Hantavirus Immune Response. Master's Report, TTU, M.S. August 2017.
- Poster: "Modeling Innate Immune Response: Hantavirus in Reservoir/Nonreservoir Hosts". A Offer-Meade.
Xth International Conference on HFRS, HPS, and Hantaviruses, Fort Collins, CO, May 31-June 3, 2016.
- Presentation: "Duration of a Minor Epidemic Near the Critical Threshold of R_0=1". LJS Allen. Joint Mathematics Meetings, Session: Advances in Mathematics of Ecology, Epidemiology and Immunology of Infectious Diseases, Atlanta, Georgia, January 5-7, 2017.
- Presentation: "Modeling the Early Stages of a Within-Host Viral Infection". KE Steelman. 97th Annual Meeting of the MAA Texas Section, Texas A&M University-Commerce, March 31-April 1, 2017.
- Presentation: "Modeling the Early Stages of a Within-Host Viral Infection". KE Steelman. West Texas Applied Math Graduate Minisymposium, Texas Tech University, April 28, 2017.
- Presentation: "Environment, Host and Pathogen Diversity on Probability of Disease Extinction". LJS Allen, BAMM 2017, Biology and
Medicine Through Mathematics Conference, Virginia Commonwealth University, May 18-20, 2017.
- Presentation: "Mathematical Modeling of Viral Zoonotic Infectious Diseases". LJS Allen. University of Kelaniya, Mathematics Colloquium, Sri Lanka, July 14, 2017.
- Poster: "Within-host Mathematical Models for Orthohantavirus Infections". A Adams, O Dougherty, Q Murphy. MBI Summer Undergraduate Capstone Conference, Ohio State University, August 7-11, 2017.
"Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation."
Back to math home page