2020 State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC)
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Texas Tech University
State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC) is a statewide annual giving campaign that Texas Tech, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and the Texas Tech University System participate in each year. This is for TTU employees to make contributions to charity organizations. It is tax deductible.
Information and instructions.
The 2020 campaign starts on September 9th, 2020 and ends on November 24th, 2020.
I hope that these will help. If you have any questions or need help, please let me know.
- You can find out more information at
TTU SECC page
- To donate, use TTU account to log in to the
TTU's SECC Donation page (or click "Donate Now" below the video on the
TTU SECC page)
Click on "$Make a Pledge" on the top of the right menu to go to the
- In the 1st section - Employment, you can click "+Load" to reload your charity choices last year. They will appear in "Charities Selected for the Pledge Donations" below.
Since there are so many organizations, the search function can be very useful.
- In the 2nd section - Charities Selected for the Pledge Donations, a list of charity organizations is displayed. You click "Select" on the one you want, and it will be added to "Charities Selected for the Pledge Donations" below.
- In the 3rd section - Charities Selected for the Pledge Donations, you can edit your selected list of charities to donate to. You can remove, pledge the amount of money for each ...
*** These charity organizations have to meet strict state criteria to be accepted there. They have websites and information on the list. You can study them more before making the donation. ***
- The 4th section - Texas Tech Lone Star Club. They have different levels of Lone Star Club members for the ones who donate more. You can indicate whether you want to receive their gift.
- The 5th section - Payment Options. Select your method of payment. Payroll deduction is highly recommended. If so, select how frequently you want to pay from your payroll (12months/9months/...)
*** It is highly recommended that you use payroll deduction to make contributions through out the year. It will be
BEFORE tax (CORRECTION) tax-deductible, and a "small" amount will be deducted from your paycheck. You will not feel any difference!!! ***
- The 6th section - Recognition & Acknowledgement. Select whether or how you want their acknowledgement.
- Click "Proceed". On pop-up widow: check review, summary. Take care of Click "Authorization for payroll deduction" and "Sign".
Click "Confirm" to submit, or click "Back" to make changes.
- Click "Thank you" or "Print".
(a) Any amount is greatly appreciated. Please donate with any amount of your choice. Read (7) above.
(b) Comparison to previous years
The total amount is decreasing! It would be nice to see more people got involved.
Thank you very much.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Texas Tech University, Box 41042
Lubbock, TX 79409-1042
Office: MA 208
Phone: (806) 834-3060. Fax: (806) 742-1112
Email address: luan(dot)hoang(at)ttu(dot)edu