National Science Foundation GRANT
Collaborative Research: Modeling Immune Dynamics of RNA Viruses In
Reservoir and Nonreservoir Species
Investigators at Texas Tech University:
- Linda JS Allen, Texas Tech University
- Alex Trindade, Texas Tech University
- Colleen Jonsson, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis TN
- Michele Kosiewicz, University of Louisville
Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows at Texas Tech University
- Krystin E Steelman Huff, PhD student, Graduated Spring 2018
- Aadrita Nandi, PhD student
- William Tritch, MS student, Graduated Fall 2016
- Manjari Dissanayake, PhD Student
- Annabel Offer Meade, MS Student, Graduated Summer 2017
- Fan Bai, Postdoctoral Fellow
- DG Goodin, CB Jonsson, LJS Allen, and RD Owen. 2018. Integrating landscape hierarchies in the discovery and modeling of ecological drivers of zoonotically transmitted disease from wildlife. In: The Connections Between Ecology and Infectious Disease, Book Series: Advances in Environmental Microbiology. C J. Hurst (Ed.) Springer
- W Tritch and LJS Allen. 2018. Duration of a minor epidemic. Infectious Disease Modelling. 3: 60-73.
- W Zhang, S Jang, C Jonsson, and LJS Allen. 2018. Models of cytokine dynamics in the inflammatory response in viral zoonotic infectious diseases. Mathematical Medicine and Biology. Accepted. doi: 10.1093/imammb/dqy009
- F Bai, KES Huff, and LJS Allen. 2018. The effect of delay in viral production in within-host models during early infection. Journal of Biological Dynamics. Accepted. doi: 10.1080/17513758.2018.1498984
- F Bai and LJS Allen. 2018. Probability of a major infection in a stochastic within-host model with multiple stages. Applied Mathematics Letters.
Accepted. DOI: 10.1016/j.aml.2018.07.022
- A Meade. Within-Host Models for Hantavirus Immune Response. Master's Report, TTU, M.S. August 2017.
- KES Huff. Modeling the Early Stages of Within-Host Infection and Clinical Progression of Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome. PhD. May 2018.
- Poster: "Modeling Innate Immune Response: Hantavirus in Reservoir/Nonreservoir Hosts". A Offer-Meade.
Xth International Conference on HFRS, HPS, and Hantaviruses, Fort Collins, CO, May 31-June 3, 2016.
- Presentation: "Duration of a Minor Epidemic Near the Critical Threshold of R_0=1". LJS Allen. Joint Mathematics Meetings, Session: Advances in Mathematics of Ecology, Epidemiology and Immunology of Infectious Diseases, Atlanta, Georgia, January 5-7, 2017.
- Presentation: "Modeling the Early Stages of a Within-Host Viral Infection". KE Steelman. 97th Annual Meeting of the MAA Texas Section, Texas A&M University-Commerce, March 31-April 1, 2017.
- Presentation: "Modeling the Early Stages of a Within-Host Viral Infection". KE Steelman. West Texas Applied Math Graduate Minisymposium, Texas Tech University, April 28, 2017.
- Presentation: "Environment, Host and Pathogen Diversity on Probability of Disease Extinction". LJS Allen, BAMM 2017, Biology and
Medicine Through Mathematics Conference, Virginia Commonwealth University, May 18-20, 2017.
- Presentation: "Mathematical Modeling of Viral Zoonotic Infectious Diseases". LJS Allen. University of Kelaniya, Mathematics Colloquium, Sri Lanka, July 14, 2017.
- Poster: "Within-host Mathematical Models for Orthohantavirus Infections". A Adams, O Dougherty, Q Murphy. MBI Summer Undergraduate Capstone Conference, Ohio State University, August 7-11, 2017.
- Presentation: "Probability of Outbreak and Time to Outbreak in Viral Zoonotic Infectious Diseases". LJS Allen, PIMS-UVic Distinguished Lecture. University of Victoria, September 21, 2017.
- Presentation "The Duration of a Minor Epidemic in Stochastic Models of Infectious Diseases". LJS Allen, ICMA VI, University of Arizona, October 20, 2017.
- Presentation: "Stochastic Models on the Emergence of Disease in Viral Zoonoses". LJS Allen, Biomathematics Seminar, Arizona State University, October 19, 2017.
- Presentation: "The Effect of Delay in Viral Production in Within-Host Models during Early Infection". F Bai, ICMA VI, University of Arizona, October 21, 2017.
- Poster: "Modeling the Early Clinical Progression of Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome". KES Huff, ICMA VI, University of Arizona, October 20, 2017.
- Presentation: "Stochastic Models of Within-Host Viral Infection". KES Huff, Joint Math Meetings, San Diego, CA, January 12, 2018.
- Presentation: "Probability of a Major Infection in a Stochastic Within-Host Model for a Viral Infection with Multiple Latent and Infectious Stages". F Bai. Frontiers in Mathematical Biology, May 2-4, 2018.
- Presentation: "The Probability and Duration of Epidemic in Stochastic MultiStage and MultiGroup Models". LJS Allen, Institute for Mathematics and its Applications, Ecological and Biological Systems Workshop, June 4-8, 2018.
"Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation."
Back to math home page