Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Texas Tech University
Contact: kevin DOT long AT ttu DOT edu
Phone: I do not have an office phone. This is the 21st century. Use email.
I'm an applied mathematician who works in scientific computing and mathematical modeling applied to physics, biology, and engineering.
- A more-or-less up-to-date CV
- Links to some software projects I've worked on
- Sundance --
High-level components for efficient finite element simulations
with native capabilities for embedded analysis.
- How to get Sundance: Sundance is a subpackage of the Trilinos suite of tools, so to get it, just downlaod Trilinos from Sandia.
- Playa -- Painless linear algebra: a user-friendly, representation-independent system of components for development of high-performance parallel linear solvers, nonlinear solvers, and optimizers.
High-performance solver components from Sandia National Laboratories
Some teaching information here.
Current research students
- Senay Tewalde (PhD student) - Thermal detection of retinal tumors
- Simon Rush (PhD student) - Modeling wind turbine arrays
- Chandani Dissanayake (PhD student) - Simulating advection-reaction-diffusion equations in biology
- Josh Engwer (PhD student) - Computational electromagnetics
- Bimali Jayasinghe (MS student) - Orbit dynamics
Former students and interns
- Brad Armstrong (TTU MS) - Software engineer, Raytheon Missile Systems
- Richard Erickson (TTU PhD) - Quantitative Ecologist, US Geological Survey
- Kimberly Kennedy (TTU MS) - Mathematical Analyst, Gaming Industry
- Vipin Palande (TTU MS) - Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune, India
- Kaleb McKale (TTU MS) - Mathematician, US DoD
- Jed Gohlke (TTU MS) - Analyst, Palantir Solutions
- Jon Milhollan (TTU MS) - Mathematician, US Naval Research Lab
- Catherine Beni (Sandia intern, PhD Caltech) - UCLA School of Medicine
- Andy Terrel (Sandia intern, PhD Chicago) - CTO, Fashion Metric
- Allen Harvey (Sandia intern, PhD George Mason) - Senior Scientist, Applied Research Associates
- Jill Reese (Sandia interns, PhD NCSU) - Software developer, MathWorks
- Adam Florence (BEAM intern, PhD Cornell) - Mathematician, Bank of America
Russell and Charlotte Howle